Do you dream of seeing your writing in print? Do you wish your writing would sell again and again? Are you a librarian or teacher needing an author visit program? Do you need someone to speak at your writer’s conference? Though I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas, I am willing to travel.
With over 2000 articles, essays, and stories to magazines and anthologies, plus 23 books for children and writers, I am happy to share my experience and my writing. So check out my website, my books, classes, and speaking programs.
My writing ranges from religion to children’s stories, essays to fantasy fiction, parenting to marriage, humor to how-to’s.
I am a member of the NE/NC Chapter of the Society of Children’s Book Writer’s and Illustrators. To learn more about this organization go to http://www.scbwi.org.
Woman’s Day, Guideposts, Home Life, Woman’s World, Grit, Writer’s Digest, The Writer, Cricket, Healthy CHILDCare, Kiwanis, Christian Parenting Today, Discipleship Journal, CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE MOTHER’S SOUL, STORIES FOR THE FAMILY’S HEART, HEARTWARMERS LOVE STORIES, CHOCOLATE FOR A WOMAN’S BLESSINGS, GOD ALLOWS U-TURNS, and many more.
“The Healing Truth,” a children’s fantasy short story is included in A GLORY OF UNICORNS, edited and compiled by author Bruce Coville, Scholastic Press, 2000.
A few of my published writings for children:
- “Cave-A-Phobia,” short story, SPIDER, August 2003
- “The Dragon Tree,” short story, SPELLBOUND, Summer 2003
- “Rescue in the Darkness,” short story, CRICKET, August 2002
- “Voices in the Storm,” short story, BOYS’ LIFE, March 1996
- “A Turtle Home,” short story, POCKETS, June 2001
- “Kahlil’s Song,” short story, SPELLBOUND, Spring 2001
- “Underwear on Parade,” short story, THE MAILBOX GRADE 4, 2001
- “The Worst Sport Ever!”, POCKETS, July 1998
- “Dying to Be Thin,” short story and nonfiction sidebar, LISTEN, Nov. 2002
- “Sawdust in Her Veins,” Article, U.S. KIDS, Jan/Feb 1995
- “Circus Runaway,” short story, HOPSCOTCH FOR GIRLS, June/July 2002
- “Competition,” short story, TEEN LIFE, November 1996